We are in Ghuangzhou!
The plane ride was a piece of cake. In fact, Samia and Jai played the whole way! She was in a terrific mood, very vocal. We have discovered that she's a mischievous little thing. She likes to tease and laugh. It was such a pleasure to finally see her personality.
We did the medical visit this morning and Samia showed absolutely NO signs of hearing loss!!
She didn't shed a tear. Even for the blood draw. She's just as tough as Jai.
The hotel is beautiful. And huge. The ground floor is all shops and includes a Starbucks and a cute candy shoppe called Art. Beautiful lollipops and fancy, colorful chocolates. Lots of expensive clothing and many restaurants. The breakfast buffet was an enormous spread of both western and Chinese cuisine. The girls ate noodles and french toast. I know,weird--but they wanted it! Samia loves blueberry muffins, we learned.
There's an outdoor garden area with water features and an indoor kids play area. If I'm not mistaken, this building easily takes up an entire square block. It's huge.
The girls are happily playing together now.... It's so nice considering how poorly they were getting along in ZZ.
The girls crashed hard and early last night after we arrived. There's a McDonald's across the street, so Layne grabbed burgers last night and we ate in the room. Believe it or not, it's the first time we've gotten sick from food. Ironic, isn't it?
More later. I think I've got an ear infection so I may start a round of antibiotics. Been watching the girls closely... Samia has been grabbing her ears today, so we may all have one eventually. Sure hope I didn't bring this with me but I was feeling cruddy on the international flight... She came to us with a terrible cough that hits for a short period at night and early morning. Sigh... Might have two bugs going on. One of the other kids is pretty sick, too. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment